Box braids are my favorite form of protective styling.
I use this “rubberband” method when I do them myself, and of course, I wanted to share it with you all.
WHAT I USED AND WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Kanekalon hair or any braiding hair
- Eco Styler Gel or any gel (without flaking)
- Miss Jessie’s Curly Buttercreme or any moisturizer
- Hair rubberbands
- Detangling ideas: combs/brushes
For the best results start off with freshly washed hair, then DETANGLE!
For medium to long hair: part into 4 sections
For short hair: separate in hair in half
Choose a section of your hair to start off with, begin parting and follow these steps:
- Once your hair is in parted into box sizes of your choice, moisturize your hair with a small amount of moisturizer.
2. Wrap your hair in the rubberband, don’t pull too tight!
3. Take a small amount of gel and 2-strand twist your hair.
4. Decide how big or small you want your braids and take the appropriate amount of braiding hair.
5. Separate the braiding hair into 3 parts and attach it to your twist.
6. BRAID, BRAID, BRAID GIRL! (Try and keep up your braiding pace so the braid pattern remains the same throughout the styling process)
7. Repeat with all your hair until done.
8. CAREFULLY dip in boiling hot water for 10 seconds to secure ends or CAREFULLY burn ends with a lighter until they closed.
AND THAT’S IT GIRL!
You’re all done and ready to slay 🙂
WATCH ME DO MY OWN BOX BRAIDS BELOW!
Don’t forget to subscribe.
Make sure you follow me on all social media @JoyNavon
Stay joyful my loves!