It’s finally Fall and you know what that means, it’s sweatshirt and hoodie season!
Now I don’t know about you, but I’m a pretty big tomboy at heart (And a bit stuck in the late 80s, 90s era) I love baggy clothes! I don’t like for my sweatshirts and hoodies to swallow me up, but I do like for them to fit me loosely. One of my favorite things to do with bigger clothing is customize them. Cropping a sweatshirt or hoodie is really a cute style and a simple, quick and easy DIY for anyone to do.
Here are the items you’ll need for this project:
And of course, a sweatshirt or hoodie (without a zipper)
- Try on your sweatshirt or hoodie and measure where you want it to be cut.
- Lay it down on a flat surface.
- Trace a guideline of where you’ll be cutting with a pencil or something washable.
My guideline was the pocket on my hoodie. I followed along the top of the hem.
- Take your scissors and begin cutting (slowly but surely, there’s absolutely no rush!)
- Make sure you cut off any strings left behind.
Your finished product should look like this:
- Put your sweatshirt or hoodie in the washing machine for a quick cycle.
This’ll get rid of the harsh scissor cut trail left on the item
- Lastly, put it in the dryer or hang it up to dry
And that’s all!
Now you can rock your new cropped look with some high-waisted jeans, leggings or shorts!
Always remember to stay joyful and follow me on all social media @joynavon 😘